Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of 3rd Grade

Today was Christian's first day of 3rd grade! He kept saying all summer he didn't want to go back to school but wanted to stay home instead.  Bedtime was at 8 p.m. last night and he didn't fuss about it and fell right to sleep.  This morning he was awake and dressed at 6 a.m.!!! Hmmmmm....I think he was a little more excited than he let on!  He snuggled with his sister Mia for a bit and then offered to make her some waffles while I showered and dressed.  By the time I got out of the shower he had made breakfast for Gabriella too and they were all sitting at the table chatting quietly. Trust me this is RARE but it was a nice treat for this mama.  I would have taken a picture but didn't want to ruin that beautiful peaceful moment.  Our sweet boy is growing and continues to show us how caring and loving he is.

First to call was his big brother Alex and then his Dad.  He was pleased to hear from them but didn't feel up to talking much.  I think he was quite nervous about his first day back at school so couldn't focus too much on conversing with them.

When it was time for the bus he kissed each of his sisters and myself good-bye and walked to the bus stop turning every once in a while to wave at us.  I just can't believe how much he has grown. He didn't want to take too many pictures but I was able to get one good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment